Quick Tip: Color Contrast
Color blindness and low vision are very common, so be sure your documents and websites have good contrast. If colors are too similar, some people will not be able to see the difference. Try using a color contrast checker, such as the one on WebAIM’s website.
See these other website color resources:
- WebAIM Color Contrast Checker.
- Check my Colors.
- Dithering, from Web Style Guide.
- WebAIM on Color Blindness.
- Wellstyled Color Scheme Generator.
- VisiBone Color Chart.
- Visibone Webmaster’s Color Lab.
- Visicheck – Check your website for colorblindess issues.
- Designing UI with Color Blind Users in Mind
The monthly Web Accessibility Tip comes from WebAIM and is shared to get a wider audience. For more information about web accessibility, please visit the WebAIM website.
See also information about how you can subscribe to the monthly WebAIM Newsletter which contains lots of great information about web accessibility.