The Accessibility Internet Rally (AIR) is in it’s 21st year…but new to me…
Anyway, it looks interesting so I am sharing the info here if other are interested.
Here’s how it works
The Accessibility Internet Rally (AIR) is an award winning global web accessibility competition. Teams of designers and developers compete to create accessible websites for nonprofit groups, musicians, and artists. Knowbility, the digital consulting firm, trains the designer/developer teams on accessibility and then pairs the designer/developer teams with a nonprofit, musician, or artist to make their dream website come true. For six weeks, the pairs work together to design and build awesome, accessible websites. Knowbility’s accessibility judges judge each website and pick the winners!
Other things to know
- The event allows web developers and designers gain valuable skills that benefit their career through our online training modules (valued at $1,500, updated in 2019!).
- The event allows folks to participate from ANYWHERE in the world – the competition is remote!
- The event allows participants to work with an industry accessibility expert.
- Participants can prove their proficiency and fortify their portfolios and will receive a certificate of completion.
- Registration to join the AIR closes on September 6, 2019; Submissions for the content must be in by November 15th with awards given on January 16, 2020.