The web accessibility guidelines in Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act have recently been amended to align with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.0 (WCAG-v2.0). Although federal departments have approximately a year to come into compliance with the new regulations, others may want to start working on making sure their website meet the newly revised guidelines.
The following references may be helpful:
- Moving from Old Section 508 to WCAG 2.0 AA – comparison of Old Section 508 with Section 508 Refresh – via Github
- Section 508 Standards Refresh Toolkit – Section508.gov
- Section 508 Refresh Update: ICT Final Rule Published – Deque
- Key Features of the Section 508 Refresh – SSB Bart Group
- Section 508 Refresh – Understanding the New Requirements – IAAP
As additional resources become available on this topic, we will update this list.